Educators value the involvement and support of parents, guardians, families and communities in schools.

I believe that involvement with the parents, guardians, families, and communities at schools should be at the forefront of all education. This is the root of a lot of positives and negatives in the classroom, hence developing those relationships and platforms is huge when teaching students life skills. I have had the luxury to coach basketball and have students involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities on and off the court. This builds a sense of community, and I have had the luxury to interact with parents and families in the process of fundraising and interacting with other families. I was also involved in parent teacher night in my last practicum and that was an incredible learning experience because I was able to interact with parents concerned about their students and their action in the classroom. Overall, this is the most important standard, especially for activities that aren’t directly correlated to the classroom.