Educators demonstrate a broad knowledge base and an understanding of areas they teach.

I obtained my Bachelor of Arts Degree at UNBC in 2019, majoring in English with a minor in History, all prior to entering the Education Program at UNBC in 2020. This degree included a variety of upper level courses including Romantic Literature, Film Visual Arts, Film and Literature, Canadian Literature, Historiography, Creative Writing and Poetry, and much more. I found that I have a deep understanding of interpreting literature and pulling out meaning from text that relates to society and a lot of different social, global, and racial views that pertain to several different time periods.

In my practicums, I have had the pleasure to develop some of these concepts and demonstrate not only my skills and understanding of literature, but also in historical aspects of the French Revolution. Having demonstrated two different subjects in teaching practicums, I feel I have obtained the necessary skills and groundwork to teach many different courses and display a broad range of subject content that students can all learn from.