I think what motivates me most as a student is when my teacher pushes me to do my best. I find that when I am left alone or when a teacher does not provide the constant reminders, deadlines, and due dates to meet as a student, then I just won’t do anything in class or steer myself towards learning in the right direction. Therefore, one of my most important values is honesty. Am I being honest with myself? Is my teacher being honest with me about my learning? Is what I am learning going to enhance my skills or impede them? These are questions I ponder as a student, whether it be working to build up my strengths or face my weaknesses. I think what motivates me to learn is the constant drive that I have to improve myself. If I am not learning or being pushed by myself, colleagues, or friends, I find that I go stagnant and don’t do well by myself. The sense of community and ability to connect with others is the constant motivation I situate myself in – environment is the number one factor for me.

The goals I have laid out for myself are very broad and generic, however I do feel that this vague wording clarifies my thinking in seeing myself in the future. In education, there are no definitive plans or units that go exactly how you imagine them, so laying out questions and broad phrases for my goals gives me a sense of direction and focus where I can align my thinking. Ultimately my main goal is to make a difference in the classroom and do the best that I can with students who require the most attention.