In finalizing this second block, there have been so many thoughts about education circulating my mind. If anything, this block has been the most thought-provoking up to this point, since there is such a deeper level of connection to the teaching profession than ever before. With the practicum 391 experience in mind, as well as assessment and motivation, I have there to be so many things that spark my mind moving forward in the education program. This ties in to how great the time and space is given to write these blog posts and express myself in a way that I can see my thoughts on paper, or digital paper that is. Creating an e-portfolio not only benefits and hones my skills as a thinker, but also provides me with a way to reflect on my learning in real time with past moments in close proximity.

In reflection of past inquiry-teachers that adapt to so many different needs and abilities of the students-I have found that there’s been some cracks on the pavement. There is a lot expected of educators, but this is a challenge I am willing to accept if it means making that impact on my students and being a difference maker. There’s is giving too much and being taken advantage of, but when you hear from a student over a three week span tell you that “you’re going to make an amazing teacher,” you have to keep staying true to your values as an educator: which is that relationships are primary, and content is secondary.

One goal I have for block 3 is to come up with original ideas for lessons and incorporate originality into my ideas. Overall, I feel like in the middle of class discussions, aside from my thoughts jumping to different ideas, I would like to have a general guiding question that leads myself back to the classroom. Having brainstorming sessions for different outcomes on projects, lessons, and assignments will be a goal of mine moving forward in relation to the rest of my cohort.

This leads me to another key goal that I have in mind, due to the recent emotional struggle that all our classmates have all gone through together, is to improve at building relationships with my cohort, professors, and my students, in such a short period time. I think, now more than ever, it is imperative to create an atmosphere of trust and connection in any type of classroom-zoom, virtual, digital, physical classrooms, etc. There is no replacement for the enthusiastic, sole igniter, and passionate educator that our cohort was blessed with, but there is so many ways to carry on such energy and cohesive attitude to remain grateful and developmental in the future in honour. I believe this is to be at forefront of all my work for the next block, with the growth and development of all people I come into contact with for the next block.

Block 2 has been nothing short of a fourteen day road trip that is nonstop and daunting. But for me, there is no turning back now and I am the type of person that only thrives in the challenge that lays ahead. I can’t get enough of the great people I am surrounded with and the help I have received in making it one step closer to my ultimate goal.