Digital literacy, among many other textual devices, is the literal production, comprehension, and analysis of text through modern technologies. More importantly, in the classroom it defines a major shift and expansion in learning opportunity for young students of this generation in order to create more learning options for students through technological innovations. This is the importance of digital literacy, which may involve students who have struggles just learning from reading literal texts, as opposed to a much more engaged technology driven generation. The importance of this learning falls within students and their own driven learning, allowing them to take control of different varieties and options for their own learning (Burnett,4). This can be especially beneficial to students who struggle with sitting down and reading a book time and time again,(Kirsten Hett). The connection is another powerful tool that digital literacy can provide, either students connection with each other as classmates (Hett) or as students from other classes that look to share and learn together virtually (Delacruz, 429). What’s most interesting is how students increase their attention, interest, and focus through the use of technology (Burnett). I can foresee myself applying e-books and audiobooks in my classroom to support the students who struggle reading a book. This is an important inclusive-driven practice that can be applied to the students who look for the use of technology in relation to reading a novel or a textbook. I will also extend this practice to using the computer for reading and listening to an audiobook at the same time. Studies show that listening to an audiobook holds the same educational value as does reading a book, so it is a great practice to be aware of for different styles of learning. Some potential consequences with applying digital literacy in the classroom would that technology, as much as it helps, can also serve as a distraction for students who get too involved with their computers, phones, etc. So it is important, along with the advantages with technology comes the struggles, just like everything in life basically, that each student understands their own way of regulating their time on technology, while as a teacher I can do the same as to not implement too much technology in the classroom as well.