In my first month of learning, I’d say that I’ve learned a ton about how to interpret the first peoples principles of learning in terms of its application to the classroom. Putting theory into context, I have read the many different principles of learning and applied my thinking into how that would fit into a classroom, so imagination has become a huge tool that I have grown to develop over the past few weeks to start the education program. The most applicable principle in particular, though I still have much to learn and be directed on, is the seventh principle which is learning takes patience and time. I love how the principle can be applied to almost any type of learning, subject area, or aspect of education. This principle is so adaptable and fits into many different trades and topics for many students to understand. What resonates with me the most is that the learning is a slow process, one that is natural and self-regulated. My example that I used in my presentation was baking a loaf of bread in class to demonstrate that learning takes patience and time. this process takes time and patience to create a beautiful end product, which is the fermentation period of waiting for the bread to double in size, proof and then finally bake to make a loaf of bread. Aside from teaching students the different, fundamental aspects of baking bread, it teaches these students to develop an appreciation for the process of learning in the fact that it takes time to develop and grow. This is much like the individual going through school and trying to make sense of that learning process. The learning has been expected thus far in the program in the sense that it has been a theory based approach to teaching, creating a solid benchmark and transition for us student teachers to go out into the teaching world with a little understanding first. The unexpected part has been the shift in grading, due dates, and structure for assignments and presentations, which is something that I have to reflect in my teaching one day. I have learned more about myself than expected in the process of the first month, particularly in the fact that I am less of an introvert than I originally thought. I enjoy the process of discussing things and being able to speak my opinion more freely in the teaching setting of the program. I feel like all the topics are relatable and definitely more than open for discussion and conversation in the form of understanding teaching from a variety of perspectives, and I think that thought sharing is one of the many ways to express a deep, insightful form of the profession. For that reason of deep interconnectivity, I have learned that I equally enjoy the quite time to myself as I do enjoy the conversation and connectedness with my fellow cohort. Ultimately, I am not an online, introverted type of person to which I thought I was prior to entering the program.