My location statement pertains to how I connect with land and bring that into my practice as an educator. I am almost always really shy to begin with, but once I get to know people I enjoy talking and socializing with my fellow colleagues. I also really enjoy working with youth – it is one of the true things about the teaching profession that gives me joy given my past experiences with youth. I also really love the outdoors, whether it be hiking Raven Lake in the summer, skateboarding at the park, or shredding the mountain on a snowboard in the winter time. This play time in the outdoors really grounds in my upbringing in the north, as well as hones my practice in regards to how I bring in certain aspects of the classroom in a day because of our location in Prince George. Being surrounded by natural features, such as mountains, rivers, lakes, etc., it allows me to take special opportunities to learn outside of the classroom as well as inside. Having practicums across the city of Prince George (391 at CHSS, 490/491 PGSS), I have had the opportunity to take my classes outside to provide extra avenues for learning. Having students connect land to text was significant early in 491, and getting students to create stories on representations of the land and how this is linked to philosophy in Ernest Hemingway’s The Old Man And The Sea.